The area is of particular naturalistic interest, with the possibility of excursions on foot or by bike to the River Isonzo Mouth Reserve or to the Lakes of Doberdò and Pietrarossa or to the Cona Island.
It is also a good starting point to visit different cities:
– The Military Sacrarium of Redipuglia, the largest in Italy, is a monumental staircase dedicated to the soldiers fallen in The First World War.
– The paths of The Great War, former battle fields with rests of trenches and tunnels.
– Grado, the Sun Island, a seaside resort well known for its spa.
– Sistiana bay, a pebbly beach that offers charming nightlife with music and dancing.
At a small distance there are two UNESCO World Heritage Sites:
- Aquileia, a rich town of the Roman Empire, has an important archaeological area, with remains of a forum and of a basilica, statues and mosaic floors.
- Cividale, a medieval town that was the seat of the first Lombard Duchy in Italy.
In the nearby there are Mitteleuropeans cities of Trieste and Gorizia.